Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ready or Not

Ok so this post will be a little more lighthearted than my last...clearly I was having a moment (even though I've felt like that for most of the summer)...but I just wanted to discuss BEING PREPARED...

Note: If you ever plan on having people meet your parents or they are visiting your house for the first time, you need to prepare your guest.

Yesterday, I went to the Laser Show at Stone Mountain, which I L-O-V-E (it never gets old). Anyways..so after that my friend had to drop by his parents house to get something, so I thought no big deal...But what I didn't know is that I was going to go inside and meet his parents. Which I usually don't mind, but in some situations, it can be nerve wracking...luckily I was fully clothed and in the right frame of mind...

Anyways...so we go inside and I'm like dang, how did I let him talk me into this...he hugs his parents and then IMMEDIATELY says he has to use the rest room. All I could think in my head was WHATTTT....are you kidding me? Are you really about to leave me alone with your parents! But I played it cool, and they ushered me into the living room and after his mom told me she heard so much about me, I got a little nervous, but they were pretty cool. His mom was watching "The Daily Show" which I thought was extra funny...but I didn't want to laugh too loud.

So after like 15-20 minutes he comes back and he is like he's ready to go...so I stand up relieved...once goodbyes were almost over I thought I was free...then his mom exclaims, "Vanessa, you didnt take off your shoes!" I look down at my shoes and say "ohhh"...and then she smacks me on my ass/thigh! lol. That caught me off guard....lol. Of course everyone erupts in laughter and I was laughing the hardest, because I couldn't believe she smacked me on my butt...lol. I would say that is a Caribbean thing to do because I could see my mom doing the same thing...Nevertheless...half of the drive to our next destination...I couldn't stop telling him, how he DID NOT prepare me for that at all...

So moral of the story, prepare your guests...Until Next Time...

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates