Wow...so I saw this video on another blog, and I couldn't stop watching it......I am not sure where MSNBC/Fox News gets its analysts/contributors from, but some of these people are so "interesting." I paused for a while because I didn't know how to describe them...This video is with Pat Buchanan and Rachel Maddow asking him about his views of Sonia Sotomayor...according to him she is NOT qualified and she is there purely because of Affirmative Action and because Obama wanted to appointed a hispanic woman, not based on her qualifications. I can't even label this video ridiculous because I know a lot of people have these views, the only difference is P. Buchanan voices them freely. Please find 5-10 minutes and check out this video...
As mentioned earlier, I do believe a lot of people agree with him, for the sole fact is I listened to several people at Emory and their views. Last semester at Emory, one of my good friends and I went to a program put on by CSAmerica and their topic was "Affirmative Action," from what I can remember correctly we were the only two black females there and there was one other minority, and the rest were white males. So needless to say, that was a heated discussion...but I am glad that we went because they would not have had much of an opposing opinion and their facts/data was skewed..to say the least.
Well while we are on debates, and "interesting" views, I watched this video last week on Bill O'Reilly and his views of MJ. He is saying that if you criticize Michael Jackson in any way that you become labeled a racist...wow...and he asserts that MJ has nothing to do with race and there is a no racial component to his death [let's remember: MJ was the first African American on MTV]. Thank you Marc Lamont Hill for dropping some knowledge but honestly with O'Reilly it might be a waste of time.
Oh yeah, btw...I'm happy about Dr. Regina Benjamin as Obama's choice for Surgeon General...Until Next Time...
I wish ppl wouldnt give her such a hard time shes a good choice and all the reasons that people are giving for her not to be chosen are absurd...I posted a video to my fb about the whole thing...its pretty funny and just points out the randomness of it all
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment and input "seidlogurl18." *wink. I checked out your fb page and watched the video...hilarious.
ReplyDeleteI have posted the link below for anyone's viewing pleasure. Steve Colbert really knows how to put people's randomness to shame...Thanks again "seidlogurl18" for the link!
http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/238783/july-16-2009/the-word---neutral-man-s-burden