Thursday, July 2, 2009

Loans, Loans, Loans



This morning I was checking with my loan lenders to make sure they know I'm continuing school in the fall, so that I will have longer than the usual 6 months of deferment. So clearly my loans have been on my mind, because for me they go hand in hand with education. Luckily (and because I'm blessed), I had several scholarships that helped me at Emory, but they were not nearly enough to cover all of the expenses at Emory...I forgot how much tuition is at Emory, hmm lemme check...so tuition is $37,500, and all of the expenses are estimated to be $48,932 PER YEAR!!!! That is a lot of freaking money, so now that I have graduated, I am left with student loans. Not an obscene amount, but definitely enough to make my heart beat quicken when I saw the lump sum of the amount of loans I have after 4 years at Emory.

So now that I am about to embark upon my professional degree (woohoo!) I am now faced with EVEN MORE student loans. Except this time at the end of the next four years, I will have over $100,000 in loans, from ONE DEGREE!!! So basically, this picture describes how I feel right now...(click on it to enlarge it...it's an adaptation from the thinking man...and that is a bookbag with debt on it, while he holds the student loan paper in his hand...and what he is sitting on says education...ga-reat) Yeah yeah...I know that it will all pay off...eventually...and I know the importance of education. BUT GEESH...So I guess I will continue randomly paying the lottery (Remember GA lottery revenue goes towards the Hope Scholarship...so I'm just giving back...lol.) My loans are just an investment in my future...I'll keep saying that over and over, and hopefully I won't have any dreams where my student loans are chasing me relentlessly...Until Next Time...

1 comment:

  1. eff emory, their rising tuition, & those rude people in financial aid. i think higher education is such a rip-off. theres no need for it to cost so much =( lol at the pic tho. its clever

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates