
Ok. So..one of my friends from high school has an awesome music blog (shout out: chasdizz), and today she wrote a blog post about Drake's "Best I Ever Had Video", which was good timing because I just saw the video this morning. So here are some of my thoughts...
Personally, I feel like I must have been “out to lunch” when the whole hiphop/rnb world decided to crown Drake as the next biggest thing. Anyways…so I decided to listen to some of his songs, and of course “Best I Ever Had” is getting a lot of airplay, so I was slowly but surely starting to like Drake a little more everyday BUTTTTTT….all of that came to a screeching halt when I saw that video this morning.
Like seriously? It was ridiculous and just gross. To be such a HYPED UP rapper/singer and to release that as your first official video. The small ounce of respect I had for him is now GONE…for some reason I thought that he would be different. Maybe I just hoped that he would be different, since he was talked about (HYPED UP) sooo much.
The extra sad part about this guy...He didnt graduate from High school , maybe that isn't important in Canada..but he needs to at least get his GED...like seriously! And it doesn't help that whenever I look at him, I think of Jimmy...(oh Degrassi...). I also think it is extra ironic that he acted on a high school show, but managed to never finish. Sigh...another one bites the dust. Until Next Time...
YESSS! i am a drake fan & i was utterly disappointed with that video. it was meant to be funny - at times it was...kinda - but it was an inappropriate debut, esp after he was hyped up as much as he was. i dont think its a coincidence that the majority of people who have told me they like the video are male...great =/ hopefully the next one will be better
ReplyDeleteAnother thing that sucks is that Kanye directed it. I think Kanye usually has a better musical vision than most artists because he is always trying to push himself. The fact that he allows Drake to walk out with crapola sucks because he knows if it had been his video he would have thought it was subpar.
ReplyDeleteKayne is trying to sabtoge him. I blame Drake for not realizing...this is not some ish Kanye would normally direct.
ReplyDelete