So while reading Clutch Mag sometime a couple weeks ago, I stumbled upon this fairly emerging artist...Dawn Okoro...Ok wait let me back up...I hope most people, especially if you are female know and read Clutch. Well I'll just be on the safe side and share anyway...Clutch mag is awesome, there are lots of great articles... I'm pretty sure clutch can do better marketing than me...Clutch describes itself as "Ushering in the New Era for Young Contemporary Women of Color."Here is a quote from Michaela Angela Davis, “CLUTCH is not only fly, it is authentic and uniquely relevant to its community. It is the digital destination for the smart, stylish and a sexy urban female. CLUTCH gets it and CLUTCH is sure to get you on the very first click"
And another quote from Kevin Powell “CLUTCH is a wonderful online magazine that fills a great void for Black women, particularly younger Black women, in America and globally. It is smart, sexy, provocative, womanist, and the kind of space readers and advertisers will continue to flock to because CLUTCH is the ultimate kind of 21st century mover and shaker destination.”
Ok now that I think you get a sense of what Clutch is...check it out...back to this post, Dawn Okoro is an emerging artist stationed in Texas, and from what I can gather from her last name, one or both of her parents are Nigerian..(bigups..Naija). I absolutely L-O-V-E her pieces...they are so colorful, full of life, and of course I love the black women with their natural hair. The dark shades of their skin makes these portraits even more intriguing and just overall beautiful. Here are some pieces...












You can check out more at her website...Until Next Time...
those are quite amazing...so i guess i'm outta the loop cuz i've never even heard of clutch...i guess i need to get on it
ReplyDelete