Monday, April 26, 2010

Quick Update and some Uplift

Well let me start by saying I'm feeling pretty stressed...only 19 more days until I'm back home, but I feel like this is going to be the longest 19 days ever. Anyways..I am working on a scholarship application (among other stuff) for the Georgia Optometric Association and I was looking for a quote to start off my essay. I found some pretty good quotes. All of them didn't apply to what I was writing, but these are the ones that stood out to me.


I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And I will not let what I cannot do interfere with what I can do. – Edward Everett Hale

Dare to reach out your hand into the darkness, to pull another hand into the light. ~Norman B. Rice

Never doubt that a small, group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.-Margret Mead

This is the true joy in life - being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy. ~George Bernard ShawThousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. ~Buddha

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates