So...I have a confession. I am one of the few people who really really admires and respects Shakespeare. I especially like Romeo and Juliet. I am not sure when my fond admiration of Romeo and Juliet began, but it still continues to this day. I remember in 9th grade, even though I thought it was crazy dumb, but we read the entire play out loud in class. Of course this took several class periods to read it, but looking back, I now know my teacher didnt want to come up with a lesson plan. lol. Anyways, I love the story, I love the play, I love the movie, I love it!!
Do I think it is crazy romantic? Not really! I mean they do end up killing themselves, but you don't really see it coming. The play has been adapted so many times. And I love every version of it. Even the corny 1990s version that had Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes
I would think highly of a guy who took me on a date to a Romeo and Juliet play. I just thought about this because for some reason, the line, "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet"... Thats when Juliet is lamenting that Romeo is indeed a Montague and how she wishes he was not so they can be together. oh le sigh...lol.
I like a lot of Shakespeare's sonnets too! He probably didn't like black people. But oh well. ::shrugs::
Until Next Time...
No comments:
Post a Comment