Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ceiling Fan Direction in the Winter

About a week or two ago I completely spazzed out because I found out about this whole  ceiling fan reverse direction business. So... once again I guess I must be late, but you can reverse the direction of your fan depending on the time of the year.


Most people think of ceiling fans as a way cool rooms during the hot summer season. However, ceiling fans can be just as useful during winter months. By changing the direction of your ceiling fan's rotation, you can direct the blades to force cooler air upward, towards the ceiling. This will displace the warm air that naturally rises, forcing it down into your living space. While the heating properties of a ceiling fan aren't likely to offset the need for a conventional heating system, it can reduce your dependence on heaters and lower your energy bill.During winter months, it's best to set your fan on a low speed setting. It doesn't take a lot of force to displace the warm air that collects around your ceiling.


So once I changed the direction of my fan, it was amazing...one thing I love about my apartment are the high ceilings and my sky light in the living room, but that has come to haunt me because I feel like all of the warm air gets trapped up there, but with this whole ceiling fan thing, my warm is circulating a lot more.


I was so excited when I discovered this I immediately picked up the phone and called my mom and told her and she was like "yeah...I already knew that." I was like why didnt anyone tell me!!! haha. So try it out!


Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates