Saturday, May 1, 2010

What I'm Listening to...

Ok one last post before I go back to studying... So I created some new stations on Pandora and 3 of my fav people this week are as follows... (thanks to STL for playing the same 5 songs on the radio, forcing me to venture out musically)



1. Lina (Alternative/RnB/Soul)- My fav song is "I'm Not the Enemy." Here is a quick synopsis for Lina:

Singer /songwriter LINA boldly discards all artistic blueprints, with a musical fusion thriving on rich, jazz-era orchestration complemented by R&B. With a writing and singing background that spans the genres of soul, jazz, opera, hip hop, pop, and country, LINA is an original, bringing a fresh, arresting sound that is passionate, organic and timeless. In effect, a one woman Harlem Renaissance, reclaiming decades worth of musical heritage for a new generation.



2. Kate Earl (Soul/Pop/Lyrical)- My fav song from her are "Nobody" and "Melody." Here are the lyrics to "Melody":

No mat­ter what has ever come to me, I got my own brand of company, I got da da da inside my head
And I play songs back to back until I got to bed, Wake up by myself inside an empty room, Theres no body next to mine to oooh, But my skin is warm and my heart is full, Its the do do do do do do, Walk­ing wak­ing on a crowded street, With my head­phones loud, So my hips can swing, so my head can nod, To the rock and roll to the boom boom beat, and I find that I’m never alone, and I find that my heart is my home, and the music within makes me whole, A world that I built on my own, and I know that I’m never alone, and I know that my heart is my home, Every miss­ing piece of me, I can find in a melody, Theres a river in my mind thats never still, Swirling , sooth­ing all the time gives me a thrill, Swim­ming in the notes that go Oh oh oh oh, Wan­der­ing, wak­ing in an empty wood, It is quiet here, I am powerful


3. Estelle(HipHop/Soul/RnB) - ok I know I'm a little late on the Estelle bandwagon, but glad I finally started listening to her. I especially like "Come Over." Here are some accolades of Estelle:

She won a grammy for American Boy featuring Kanye West in the category best rap/sung collaboration. She also has received the MOBO for 'Best Newcomer'and received three consecutive 'Best Female Artist' trophies from the UK Hip-Hop Awards. Estelle's song "Star" was used for Crystal Light commercials. She also, in 2010, modeled at Naomi Campbell's Fashion For Relief runway show for The White Ribbon Alliance to raise funds for mothers in Haiti.


Oh and I just came across this on Fly's website .. So Adult Swim has featured several "African" hiphop artists from various countries on African Swim...check it out!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates