Thursday, May 27, 2010

2 semesters down, 6 more to go...

So as I sit lazily on the couch, watching Gilmore girls, with no particular plans for the day. It feels good to think that I am a second year optometry student. This past year has been a whirlwind. From moving out of the glorious south to the midwest.. (yikes), to learning an abundance of information that I knew no idea about before entering opt school. I was going to make a list of all the things that I have learned, but that would take forever. So, I'll just type freely with whatever comes to mind, hopefully you can follow:

-I feel as though I have learned just as much about myself in the past year as I learned information.

-Leaving the womb, Atlanta, helped me grow in sooo many ways, its hard to even try and isolate them.

- I know for sure that I want to raise my family in the south... the midwest thing is not happening. The neighboring states just suck...my classmates and I were looking to go on a mini-vacay and all the states were boring. There were no beaches or warm weather or fun cities or great attractions...thats ok, i'll stay in the south.

- I think it's funny that whenever I tell people how excited I am to leave St. Louis they always tell me that I will miss it, umm they have no idea. Doubt if I will miss it at all this summer...guess we will see...

- I think I learned more actual school information these past two semesters than I have learned in a very long time...I honestly am not sure why so much info was crammed into two semesters, but whatev..

- Whenever I tell someone I am in Optometry school or they know you are in opt school, there is bound to be an eye question...last semester it used to be a little weird because I kinda knew stuff, but not really...NOW I know sooo much more information. I get soo excited when I actually kinda know what the person is talking about, and even better when I can answer the question with a right/definitive answer. Yes I know I have a lot more to learn, but more information than I think...

- This semester I was able to make new friends, go to many different places, and basically just venture out a lot more. I was able to appreciate St. Louis a lot more (even though I still don't like it), but it is just a different city, it cant be compared.

- School wise, I was able to study a little more comfortably... I still wrestled with myself though...I was never really able to study effectively in my apartment, but honestly I was just too lazy sometimes to go to the library, especially when it was cold and snowing.. I didn't get the exact GPA that I wanted this semester, but it's all good.

Wow so I blabbed on a lot...basically I am a much more mature, aware, and smart person after these two semesters.. I guess that is what life is all about.. I thought a rearview mirror picture is appropriate for this post (especially since I learned so much about mirrors and lens in my Optical and Geometric Optics classes)...Whew another post down...

1. Toms Shoes follow up
2. 1 year blogaversary (Recap)
3. First Year of Opt school (Looking Back)
4. Diversity/ Janelle Monae
5. St. Louis/Midwest

Until Next Time...



1 comment:

  1. I am hurt that you didn't want to visit my home state of Arkansas! lol

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates