So things have been extra crazy...hence no post in so long. But don't think I forgot...I check my blog almost everyday just to randomly read some updates from people in my "Blogroll." I think I am starting to get into the groove of everything. Basically that means study until you can't study anymore. Today I studied for 8 hours...yes...8 hours. That's so crazy to me. I didn't think I was capable of that amount of studying and focusing. I'll a little bit impressed with myself, but I'll be impressed when I got my tests back with A's on them.Next week is my first real exam week...I have an exam/quiz on every single day (Mon- Fri)... Again the madness...I just can't wait til' I'm no longer a "firstie"...Well I tried to enjoy Labor Day weekend as much as I could. I went to some cool places in STL on Friday and Saturday both days I hung out with ChasDizz...yay for friends. On Friday we "attempted" to go to the club, but that was crazy, so we just went to the casino instead, where I met a "mini-stalker," then we headed to a hookah bar which was great...stayed there til' 3, then steak and shake and then I went to bed at 6am (I had to watch RHWOA)... Ca-razy...
Then Saturday we went to the "City Museum" which was sooo much fun, we were there for ~4 hours. That place is seriously an adult playground. Loads of fun, next time I'll come fully prepared, but I enjoyed myself. Oh and right place/right time, we ended up seeing a magic show/circus. That was really entertaining... :) Loved every minute of it! Oh and I had the best cupcake ever. We went to Jilly's cupcake's and I had the "Jilly's on the beach." Keylime cupcake with mango frosting. mmmm...yummy And the lady hooked me up with a Blueberry Coffee cake or something like that. It was extra delicious..gosh I want to go back, but umm FUNDS ARE LOW and DEBTS ARE HIGH... and that cupcake was $5!
Guess what I did on Sunday and Monday...ok that wasn't that hard. Yup I studied. Something that I find interesting is that the Panera Bread places are called Saint Louis Bread Company...guess why? It was started here and this is where the headquarters is...So I treated myself to Panera/STL bread company on Monday. Yummy as usual.
So all of the studying and stress that I have been under have had two main positive manifestations. The first is I have been eating really healthy most days. I look forward to my daily salads and I have been taking my vitamins pretty regularly. The second is I have been keepng up with scripture readings. This summer I bought "God's Daily Promises for Women" it has bible verses accompanied by some wisdom that is drawn from that particular bible verse. That has been very encouraging and positive. For example, yesterday's topic was on Gentleness and today's is on the Will of God, tomorrow's is on Faithfulness and Thursday's is on Overwhelmed. So yeah I absolutely love this book.
On another note, I have been jamming to Trey Songz "Ready" for like 2 days straight now. I think my favorite songs right now are "Does he do It" and "Jupiter Love." Man...I'm listening to the album now. Anyways...I figured I would go to sleep somewhat early. Until Next Time...
No comments:
Post a Comment