Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Too much the Same...

I think as a people we have soo much in common, but we spend too much time trying to figure out and highlight our differences...Often I feel as though the same people that say I am so different from them or in fact so much like me that it's kind of weird. I know in this specific case that we actually were Too Much the Same...Thanks Goapele for describing the situation perfectly.



Too Much the Same
Seeking a summertime love
Just kick it on the low
You know with a vibe and flow
But we didn't know
What the light of day would show
Or if it was meant to grow
How we'd feel within
What we

And why you kept that distance
Were your emotions
I was afraid of what i was feelin'
Afraid that you'd take my heart
And go steal it
My pride my soul
Now i know
Now i know

[chorus]
Cuz we were too much the same
I didn't know
Who to blame
Cuz i didn't wanna change

We were too much the same
I didn't know
Who to blame
Cuz you weren't gonna change

[verse 2]
Unfamiliar ways
They came down like rain
Things in myself i couldn't change
But if we coulda chilled
And waited a while
Then may now (?)
The shooting stars won't send us running
From each other
From ourselves

[chorus]

[verse 3]
But you can't get something for nothing
So what was mine
Sifted through like lost time
And unclaimed sand in a desert wind
With half my heart i took you in
So i can let you go



Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates