
So the move is pretty much complete. I'm in STL...after a 9 hour drive/10.5 hour journey I finally made it. I am nowhere done unpacking, but all my stuff is moved into my place so thats cool. The not so cool part is I don't have internet, and clearly I am addicted, so I generally feel behind on life. But that's ok...I'm at my parents hotel using their free wireless. le sigh...
I was hella antsy in the car, I drove the first half of the way which was cool even though I was running off on 2 hours of sleep, but after we ate, I got a serious case of the -itis, so I was glad my dad took over. I haven't really explored as much as I would like, just went to Walmart, which wasn't a Super Walmart...boo! So I then had to find a grocery store, so I went to "Shnuck's" (sp?), a weird name for a grocery store. Even though I am living off loans, I need to find a mall...like ASAP. I need to be around people...not the random ones walking on the side of the road...lol. Oh and I saw a billboard for Colt 45, I was like what the heck. Yeah...Oh and get this, I went to QuikTrip (so glad they have that) last night to get some gas....and NOTHING crazy happened. So surprised, I was a little nervous about that, cause generally I don't go to the gas station alone and at night...nuh uh...
I think once I see my parents drive away it will hit me that I'm all alone...oh well I'm a big girl now (not literally, but if I keep eating cookies, I may be). Can't really share anything exciting because there hasn't been anything too eventful. Oh it was a challenge to sleep in my little bed last night...I woke up and everything was on the floor, I couldn't sleep diagonally on the bed like I usually do...le sigh, but the serious water pressure in the shower made up for it. lol. Ok it doesn't make up for my small bed, but water pressure is a must...
I looked over my schedule for orientation which starts next week and I am starting to come to grips with this whole starting school thing again. Maybe I should find some pens or pencils or something. lol. I have sooo many pictures on my camera that I need to post on facebook, but the whole not having internet thing sucksss! I can't believe this. Gosh I'm so spoiled. Oh yeah, man for all you folks still at Emory appreciate it while you have it, cause once Commencement happens, the real world is right there waiting for you outside of the "Posh Emory Bubble." So all you soon to be juniors/seniors at Clairmont with your washer and dryer in your apartment and wireless internet...ugh I'm hating on you...Well that's all for now, Until Next Time...
LOL colt 45 ads are all over the place! and the best malls are on my side of town (like 4 literally), so we will make it an adventure...woop woop!
ReplyDeletewere u at the schnucks next to the target? if so u were across from where i work!
LOL@ the cookies comment..You should prolly keep up some type of exercise routine..the weight gain in grad school can be ridic..
ReplyDeleteKeep blogging and tweeting so I know you're alive :)
Amber
@Chasdizz, Yeah girl I sure was over there!!! It's cool that youw work so close. I don't live far from there (sounds like time to hang out)! I am glad I am not crazy about the Colt 45 ads...lol. I'm going to just go driving around "the city" today and pick up some stuff. Hopefully I don't make a wrong turn down an alley...lol.
ReplyDelete@Amber Seriously I need to cut down on my cookie intake, I used it as comfort food last year, so I was always eating it...Yeah you know I gotta workout, I can't help it, I become all anxious and weird if I dont.