Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Sonnet 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved.


So for most of the day, I have organizing all of my old stuff from high school and first two years of college, so I can keep what I want to and discard the rest, and make room for the rest of my stuff. So I came across Sonnet 116 on some random paper from my senior year in high school, where we had to MEMORIZE this sonnet. Honestly my British literature class was a comedy hour. We had the most interesting people in there, so when my teacher told us to memorize it and come with a representation, I didn't really take it seriously, in which case I stumbled through the sonnet, and I'm not sure if I ever really got it...Anyways...after I found the sonnet today, I read through it about 5 times, and there were so many emotions, thoughts, and ideas that I felt. The realization that I will be leaving the people that I love, even the one that I have been on and off with for some time (with many ups, and lots of downs), it just has got me thinking about the future...Especially about what it may potentially hold and what not. It's a tad bit scary because for me, distance does NOT make my heart grow fonder at all...so now I'm in a weird position..::sigh::

I am not fond of cliche' statements, but the reason they are soo cliche' is because it describes a lot of situations...So my cliche' statement for this post is as follows: If you love something, Set it free... If it comes back, it's yours, If it doesn't, it never was.... Well in this case, I'm the one leaving...oh well. Only time will tell..Until Next Time...

2 comments:

  1. Life has a funny way of bringing things together--and one thing I've learned is distance is no match for destiny, for love, for true friendships, for anything that matters


    I will most certainly miss you because even in our limited interactions, you're still one of my favorite people. Whether the summer b4 school, or remember me and you deciding to go to counseling together freshman year,--we never went, but its the principle lol, our many convos, E-Wing lmao

    You have a great heart and I hope I come across you again. Stay TRU

    Treize

    Here's my parting gift, something you can listen to when you wanna throw yourself back--hope u like--its a 90's mix--something like what was blastin afterschool at Boys and Girls club in '94

    90's Mix

    http://www.zshare.net/download/63662505a69f6478/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow "Treize!" Thank you sooo much for your sincere words you don't know how much that means to be especially in this time and place that I am in (mentally,physically,emotionally). We have had an interesting journey, although you say our interactions were "limited," I beg to differ... I will def miss you, you brought a one-of-a-kind spirit and energy to Emory and my life that was lacking...

    Gosh, Thank you for your kind words.. :) Especially in my time of need, you have a way of doing that (flashback: to all the times when I was having a not so good day, and you cheered me up). :) I am forever grateful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates