Hello There! So much has been going on this week... First, classes have officially started, and tomorrow it will be a week. woohoo! Hmm...what can I say about it. It's school, I just have a lot more classes and they are mostly science and so far we have covered a lot of information. Unlike undergrad, I have been studying EVERY single day for about ~4-5 hours...yeah.. I'm still trying to feel everything out, but it's definitely doable, I just have to keep my "Eyes on the Prize" (pun intended..lol.) So my first semester classes are as follows:- Anatomy and Physiology of Disease Processes I w/ Lab
- Human Neuroanatomy w/ Lab
- Geometric Optics w/ Lab
- Biochemistry
- Epidemiology
- Intro to Optometry
- Scenario Based Discovery/Problem Based Learning
Honestly, I plan on making mostly A's...that might seem overly ambitious, but oh well...So far everything has been cool, my classmates are extra cool (much cooler than I expected)... :) Oh and STL isn't bad at all...I pretty much know where I want to live next year. Of course I haven't gone out as much as I would like, but I will in due time...
Right now I am having a feast for dinner (all left overs)...shrimp from my "all you can eat shrimp" at Red Lobster yesterday...lol, (I ate so much shrimp it was ridiculous), two bbq chicken wings from earlier in the week, some corn, spinach souffle, and a cheddar biscuit from Red Lobster...yumm...I have been on this pseudo diet for lunch which just comprises of salad and/or a sandwich... I'm trying not to eat too heavy for lunch so I don't get the -itis, when it is time to go back to class or study.
I'm not really missing home much, there are a few things here and there but nothing substantial. It doesn't help that my family calls me whenever they are hanging out...lol. But I'm fine..
I've been doing pretty good in terms of going to the gym on a regular basis, I'm proud of myself...I actually just got back not too long ago :) Even though the gym here really sucks and the machines seem like they are from the 70's...I seriously thought the ellipitical was going to break while I was on it...
Oh yeah this is random, but I was reading in the newspaper today that STL has the highest rates of gonorrhea and chlamydia per square mile (or something like that)...that was a little scary, but also funny. I thought of that today when I exchanged numbers with this random guy at the gym...he asked me why I was laughing and I just told him don't worry about it.
Hmm...speaking of that...It's weird that half of my classmates are married/engaged and the other half is in a serious relationship...so where does that leave me? Anyways...first a small disclaimer, and I guess this is a tad bit monumental for me, because I usually don't share my "personal" life with hardly anyone but I just wanted to share that I feel liberated about a certain situation. I decided to end this cat and mouse game that I have had with someone in particular. It was causing me more stress than it should have been, and I figured it's dragged on long enough and it doesn't help that I am all the way in STL...:sigh: New Beginnings... I was really vague about that whole thing, but oh well...I doubt if he will ever read it, cause ya know what...he never did read my blog even though I asked him to all the time. Just like my tattoo reminds me of everyday, "Take from the past what is good and bring it into the present in order to make a positive progress through the benevolent use of knowledge." It's only fitting that I leave with some lyrics from DC3 ...lol. "Free"
Ain't no feeling like being free
When your mind's made up
And your hearts in the right place, yeah
Ain't no feeling like being free
When you've done all you could
But what's misunderstood
(It's all good, it's all good)
Ain't no feeling like being free
I'm like an eagle set free
And finally I'm looking out for me
Ain't no feeling like being free
Cause my mind's made up
And my heart is in the right place, yeah
When your mind's made up
And your hearts in the right place, yeah
Ain't no feeling like being free
When you've done all you could
But what's misunderstood
(It's all good, it's all good)
Ain't no feeling like being free
I'm like an eagle set free
And finally I'm looking out for me
Ain't no feeling like being free
Cause my mind's made up
And my heart is in the right place, yeah
Until Next Time...
So i just wanted to say I love you and u inspire me to go for my dreams..corny but very true..I love the first quote in your blog up above..the one abt the mind.. i really needed that right now..
ReplyDeleteok that got long haha..
t.t.b...soror
Wow thank you so much for that comment. I just saw this comment, a whole week later. Thanks for the feedback and the honesty and I am glad that I can do something so monumental like inspire you. Thanks...I really needed that pick me up! *muahI love you too Amber!
ReplyDelete