Monday, June 22, 2009

Sugar as a Substitute...

After my impromptu trip to the mall today, I decided to try one of McDonald's Iced Mocha's. I don't know if seeing all the commercials and advertisements drilled it into my head or what, but I figured I'd just try it. Although it has gotten to be cliche' I genuinely enjoy Starbucks. Well if you are looked for Starbucks quality, this definitely isn't it. I don't know what I was thinking, I paid $3 which was almost the same as Starbucks, only to get milk and sugar and a hint of mocha. They honestly just filled it with an obscene amount of sugar, which is why hours later, I can still feel the sugar running through my veins...lol. I seriously feel jittery...

I should have known because their Iced Coffee is the same exact way, loads and loads of sugar. I once bought it before heading out to a party one night, and I was simply wired off of all the sugar, you would have thought I had a lot of "spirits" to drink (note: no need to pre-game if you have their iced coffee). Ok back to my review...lol. So I was given the choice of whole milk and skim milk, I was like dang what happened to 2% or 1%, so I figured since I'm splurging, I'd just try the whole milk. I just checked the number of calories in that one drink on McDonald's website...310! Ok let me say it again to reiterate...three hundred and ten calories. That would take me about 30+ minutes on the elliptical. :sigh: Basically I should have just gone to Starbucks. Oh well it is always good to try something new...Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates