I'm sitting here watching the Magic/Lakers game on my couch. I couldn't bring myself to go out to a sports grill, bar, etc. and get all passionate only for Magic to lose...Anyways...so I got to thinking about this term "swag" which is no longer new, and often abused. So what is swag? Last semester, I found myself trying to explain the term "swag" to some of my white and asian coworkers. The girls were trying to describe this guy that had something that was "intriguing" and "sexy" about him, but they couldn't tell what it was that was so different about him...So I introduced them to the term "swag"...lol.
The reason I brought up swag and the NBA game is because I am not usually a celebrity crazed kind of person. Actually I never really am, except for my temporary delight in seeing D. Howard. Yeah I think he has swag, but actually I think Rashard Lewis has beaucoup swag. Lewis seems like an ordinary dude that would be trying to get your number at the club, but instead he is playing bball with all of his swag. Ok enough about D. Howard and R. Lewis.
But yes..."swag" is essential. Either you have it or you dont...I was trying to remember how we described guys before the term "swag" came along. Also it annoys me when folks say "swagger.."
ugh anyways... Something else that is random is in the song Swag Surfin, which I absolutely love, but is getting kind of old now... When they say Man I got that swag, my hat matching my bag....err what did you say? Hat matching your bag? What bag are you talking about? Your man bag? Your gucci bag? What baggg??? lol.
I love swag surfin..its so random and fun. Especially when guys are really getting into it...Depending on where you go, you might see some hood guys "swag surfin" and it is funny. What's even funnier is the low budget video they got for this song...I just have to post it. Oh yeah this is the extended version, hilarious. Watch the whole thing...the actual song starts 2 mins in. lol. That's all my random thoughts for today. Until Next Time...
lmao what bag?! is it a bookbag...gym bag...grocery bag? so true. hilarious.
ReplyDeletecompletely agree with the rashard lewis comment. LOL! at your rant about the swag surfin bag. im pretty sure its a bookbag gmama front lol. you know thats some new trend with guys these days. i feel like they used some music video maker program that has pre-set effects that i could download on my computer or something lol
ReplyDelete