Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Relaxers linked to uterine fibroid tumors and early puberty... oh my...
So this is one of the reasons I wanted to start a blog... I wanted a chance to share my opinion on many things that are going on...
Recent research has shown a link between relaxers (perms) and uterine fibroid tumors and early puberty. This just blows my mind...but then again it doesn't.
One of the reasons I made the personal decision to stop getting perms was because the more I thought about it, putting caustic chemicals on your scalp near your brain, honestly did NOT seem like a good idea or even a sane idea to me anymore.
Granted there were many other reasons, but this is definitely in the top 3. Other reasons were I preferred the aesthetics of natural hair, I missed my actual hair sans chemicals.
A lot of people consider natural hair a "trend" or a "fad," and sometimes that annoys, but honestly I HOPE it is here to stay. I think as more and more black women become natural they are able to feel liberated as I was and still feel. Until Next Time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment