Ok so NBEO stands for National Boards of Examiners in Optometry. Their mission is: "Advancing the Assessment of Competence."... which in plain language, making me study 4 hours a day for 3 months...
So I have Part 1 (Applied Basic Sciences) of my National Boards March 20th and March 21st... Right now Boards is practically ruining my life...
I have been studying NON STOP for boards since January 1st of this year. As the month comes to an end and March is quickly approaching, I have mixed emotions. It is literally an emotional rollercoaster. Some days I'm feeling great and motivated and ready to knock it out the park and then other days I want to crawl under the blanket and come out in May.
Oh speaking of May that is the other crazy thing, although I take boards in March we don't receive our scores back until MAY!! That is such a long time to wait in anticipation... sigh.
It's 500 questions spread out over 2 days; one of the crazy things is those 500 questions are not broken into categories, but they are ALL random, in no particular order.
So what does it cover...basically everything I have learned in Optometry school up until this point and then some...
So here goes:
-Ocular Disease
-Systemic Disease
- Ocular Anatomy
-Systemic Anatomy
-Ocular Pharmacology
-Systemic Pharmacology
-Physical Optics
-Geometrical Optics
-Ophthalmic Optics
-Low Vision
-Contact Lens
- Binocular Vision
-Vision Perception
Crazy...huhn? So basically I have become a hermit that has forgotten how to enjoy life. Study, study, study. Oh and did I mention there are actually 3 parts to boards...but first things first and also Part 1 is supposedly by far the hardest If it wasn't for my BF, I would probably be screaming, running naked in the streets somewhere (gone crazy), but luckily he keeps me somewhat sane. lol.
Ok back studying... Until Next Time...
No comments:
Post a Comment