Wednesday, September 14, 2011

America: I Am

So this coming Friday, I will be attending an Exhibit called, America I Am: The African American Imprint Exhibition. It apparently is supposed to chronicle important achievements by Black people (you guys know I prefer the term "black" to "African American").

Here is some more information about America I Am:

So apparently it is the 6th stop in a 4 year tour of the exhibit. Also it is hosted by Tavis Smiley, thats what reminded me to blog about it..

AMERICA I AM: The African American Imprint 

is mounted as the broadest museum exhibition of its kind. An assembly of poignant artifacts 


representing nearly 500 years of American history, the exhibition will convey and celebrate the 

undeniable imprint African Americans 



The exhibition examines four themes in particular: economic, socio-political, cultural, and spiritual impact on America. These themes serve as recurring touch points throughout the galleries, as visitors discover how our experience as Americans has been shaped by African Americans throughout history.

The 15,000 square-foot exhibition is divided into twelve galleries, leading visitors through time 


on a journey from struggle to triumph.
-
Featuring more than 200 artifacts culled from every period of U.S. history, the exhibition  includes objects, texts, religion, music, narration, and media. An interactive component of the exhibition allows visitors to leave their own video “imprints,” and this collection will grow throughout the life of the exhibition with the potential to become the largest recorded oral history project in U.S. history


Anyways, I think this will be interesting. I'm going to try my 'darndest' to write a follow up post about my thoughts, reactions. I'm going with an open mind, especially since the tickets are free. lol.

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates