Thursday, March 3, 2011

Recipe Club and My favorite salad dressings

So I started to tweet about my favorite salad dressings, but I figured I would make a post about it. This is a random tangent about cooking, but I decided to make a "Recipe" group on google for people in my sorority to exchange recipes so far we have a lot of recipes posted by my sorority sisters such as


- Curry Goat
- Plantains
- Shrimp Scampi (which I made, it was so delicious)
- Lemon Tilapia
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Dirt Cake
-Chicken parmesan
-Grilled sweet and tangy pork chops
-Twice baked sweet potatoes
-Tilapia with balsamic browned butter
-Cheese burger

I am just really excited. I hope that the recipes keep coming!!

So I wanted to make a quick post about my Favorite salad dressings. It's weird because I have liked salad for a while now. I remember asking my mom for salad as a kid, and I dont know what kid actually likes salad. This is no particular order, because I like them all for different reasons.

#1- Kraft Zesty Italian
I like this salad because it is yummy and it is light. It isnt too heavy, but it is an upgraded version of any dressing. The real reason that I like this dressing is that you can also use it as a marinade. So I usually get some chicken breast and season it and let it marinate for about 15-30 minutes and it will add so much flavor to any chicken recipe that you are making.




#2- Caesar Vinagrette with Parmesan dressing
This salad dressing is just a classic. I dont think it is the healthiest but it is definitely a treat. Caesar salad dressings can get kind of mundane, but with the extra Parmesan there is an extra "zing"








#3- Balsamic Vinagrette
So Im starting to realize I don't have the best reasons for liking these dressings, besides them tasting good. I think the "zing" that balsamic vinagrette gives makes any boring salad even better.






So try them out, and let me know if they improve your overall salad experience. In addition, you can get all these dressings "fat-free" or reduced fat. But you guys know I dont like all of that stuff... lol. Give me the regular stuff and I'll just use moderation. Yup!Oh and I dont mean to be a spokesperson for "kraft" but all of their dressings usually have a consistent taste, which I appreciate and enjoy.

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates