Sunday, May 31, 2009

Oh Emory...

It is a beautiful day outside, so I did what I love to do in my free time, read. In this case the newspaper; I like to read local newspapers rather than "National Newspapers" because I can just watch CNN for that. Anyways...so I pick up "The Champion" (Dekalb County's Newspaper), and I am just flipping through and all of a sudden I see an article titled New Wing Opens at Emory Conference Center: First-of-its kind hotel bowling alley debuts. I was soo confused. lol. Keeping in mind that a good portion of our senior activities were at the ECC. I had NO IDEA that there was going to be a BOWLING ALLEY there. Was Emory keeping this a secret? I just really don't understand.

Oh and get this...they named it WISTERIA LANES. lol. Wisteria lanes...seriously? It is just somewhat ironic because I recently watched seasons 2-5 of Desperate Housewives. And for all you fans, or pop culture people, you know the housewives live on Wisteria lane. I just thought it was kind of funny. I read the article, half expecting that at the end there would be some type of J/K written or maybe explaining that it was all fictional but it definitely isn't. So besides the bowling alley they built a new boardroom, ballroom, 4 suites, and 127 additional guests room. Necessary...I think not! Way to spend our tuition money. I'll post the link for the article just in case you wanted to check out this madness.

http://championnewspaper.com/page6.htm

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates