Tuesday, August 31, 2010

National Trail Mix Day!

So this morning one of my classmates told me that today is National Trail Mix Day!!! I was immediately excited, because Trail mix is one of my favorite snacks. It's that thing that gives you an instant boost of energy, it's tasty, healthy for you, and it gives me something to do while trying to stay alert in class.

So I figured I had to dedicate a post to that great thing that helped get me through my first year of Opt school. Of course I had trail mix this morning. The blend is so lovely...! mmm....my favorite would have to be either Planter's Sweet and Nutty(Peanuts, Raisins, Chocolate Candy Pieces, Chocolate Covered Peanuts, Almonds, Cashews, and Cranberries) or Nut and Chocolate (Peanuts, Chocolate Candy Pieces, Raisins, Almonds, and Cashews). Oh and I also enjoy the Nature Valley, Fruit and Nut Trail Mix Bars (I usually buy a huge box from Sam's).

The crazy part about it is I don't even like Raisins, but for some reason I will eat them in moderation when they are mix into Trail Mix.

What exactly is trail mix? Let's see what Wikipedia has to say:

Trail mix is a combination of dried fruit, grains, nuts, and sometimes chocolate, developed as a snack food to be taken along on outdoor hikes.

Trail mix is considered an ideal snack food for hikes, because it is tasty, lightweight, easy to store, and nutritious, providing a quick boost from the carbohydrates in the dried fruit and/or granola, and sustained energy from the mono- and polyunsaturated fats in nuts.

So when you are in need of a convenient and delicious snack throughout the day....think TRAIL MIX!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blogger TrackerBlogger Templates